Sunday, November 25, 2012

When I was young.

My father once told me, "always find a way to travel. It will free your mind."

Maybe my father didn't actually say that but it was something similar to that. When I was young my mother took us to California and my father took us out into the forest. One year my mother and aunt took us on a road trip to Utah. It doesn't sound that exciting but trust me it was a lot of fun. We stopped at so many places. We stayed at Canyon De Chelly, Lake Powell, Zion and the Bryce Canyon. We weren't a rich family. My parents always had to save to make us kids have a chance to see the world. Road trips were common in my family. We drove each year to Tucson, and California. Sometimes if we were lucky my dad took us on a trip to Colorado or past that to South Dakota. My love for the wilderness came out of these road trips. the excitement of seeing something new erupted inside of me every time we hit the road. The pleasure that comes out of being out in the woods, hearing the voices of the trees can not be matched. Travel is in my blood and to this day I still crave the road. Each cell in my body is curious of where to go next. The world is so big and beautiful. It would be a shame not to see it.

1 comment: